Sunday, November 8, 2015

1/100 Astray Gundam Red Frame Gun Buster Version

This kit was purchased open from one of my Gunpla hobbyist buddies. It was complete but assembled. So I had to disassemble and rework all the parts. I wasn't very happy to work on this one because in looks this kit looked terrible compared to the Astray Mirage Frame I built a couple years ago HERE.

Keep in-mind that this kit is over-done with armor if you build it right out the box and it should look something like this:


That just too much crap on something that can be much simpler. That huge sword is probably larger than a ****** and doesn't belong here!


Notice those parts I highlighted in Orange? Those all hinder articulation of the head, feet, shoulders should be a positioned a little steep and pffftt that backpack is NOT necessary at all! Those gotta go for me!


Tired of the "What it is" version and need a change? Follow me to My Version" below!



Not close enough?


Check it out twice!


Added a booster pack on the back for added boost? If it ever comes to life?


A good look at how the shoulders are now pointed up.


Yep that big hunk of junk sword got re-purposed as twin arm blades.


The opposite pictures!


Oh there's a reason why this one was renamed "Gun Buster" I quite like the canons compared to the swords but both options are available now.


Back view with the guns! 

I still don't think that it compares to my Mirage Frame as an equal. But I think it's still quite cool how I was able to save a kit I didn't even want to work on. Anyway I'm off till the next post with a comparison picture below. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment