Saturday, February 23, 2013

Game Purchases!

Well I had been waiting to get my hands on these 2 games for a long time. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance JUST came out last week and Asura's Wrath has been out for a long time. But I never finished my last game purchases so I held off on getting Asura's Wrath.


 An art book full of game character concept images such n such & a Gray Fox skin code came with it as well. I'm playing the entire Game as Gray fox, I like the new Raiden look however playing as Gray fox is what I had always wanted to do in a Metal Gear game.

Research Gray Fox on wiki to find out who he is. I've already explained it many times when I was posting launch videos on this game.

A little review on Revengeance from me:
While people do think that this game sucks due to the fact that Platinum games made Bayonetta, which BTW was pretty much a button masher and while you could make your own combos, you didn't know how you were executing them 75% of the time. People tend to judge this new Metal Gear game the same way due to Platinum games making Bayonetta.

I did sort of have the feeling that Platinum games MIGHT do the same to this game. But I was surprised to find out that they didn't. They made this game so that we could actually feel we're executing moves and how we execute them is an option to US. I'm impressed. And this is the best single player Ninja Game to come around on current Gen consoles so far. Of course there is Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Blade, Afro Samurai etc etc, but they don't come close to the DESTRUCTION that YOU CAN CAUSE in a game stage. There are upgrades to be bought, different weapons to be wielded/upgraded and even ROCKET LAUNCHERS, GRENADES ETC ETC.

For those who only played the demo and judged this game, I'm sorry you haven't had enough game play to judge it. What do I mean by "enough game play"? Well I mean that you ONLY need to get used to the controls. Now for me that whole "Cut where you will" thing was so hard the first time around and then when I got in to the groove of performing moves together I automatically adapted to it. Like running a hot knife through butter.  First person shooter lovers WILL have a hard time adjusting to 3rd person controls, in that case I suggest you keep away from Devil May Cry (The new rendition of that game) as it has combos BEYOND your imagination. And as usual they will grade the game according to their First person shooter point of view.

Graphics are over the top and the story is just what you would expect from a Cyborg Ninja game. The soundtrack is great and works amazingly well with every single battle.

Now if you think that this game is not worth the 60$, then by all means DO NOT spend money on it now. Wait a couple months and like every single game, it will come down in price a bit. But I'm rating the game on an enjoyment level: FANTASTIC!


Then there's this one, an over the top cinematic interactive "movie" game. Why do I call it "movie"? Well it's like you're watching a story but you get to do stuff. THAT for this game is good, as it works phenomenally well here.

Maybe I should make it a habit to write short reviews? I don't know. But it feels right I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment