Monday, May 30, 2011

1/144 Arche Gundam

I bring to you the 1/144 Arche Gundam, tho very slim looking compared to other gundams and the size is just about the height of two 1/144s. This guy in my opinion shouldn't be called a Gundam. 1. He doesn't resemble one in any way. 2. He uses fake GN drives (In Gundam 00 the main power engine of a Gundam ahs a lot of importance they're called GN Drives). 3. He looks more like a mass production type model of the Gundam Throne Zwei!

So, why did I get it if I seem to be bitching about it? There's a few reasons. I am collecting the bad guys of Gundam 00 as well as the good guys and no matter how weird it looks, this kit has too much panel lining to do. I wanted to take that challenge to hone my panel lining skills and to make the kit look less plain compared to the straight builds I've seen online.Another reason is that this guy was strong enough to take on both the Seravee and 00 Gundam at one time.

Anyway here's the boxart first:


Amazing boxart! I wish it looked just as sharp as a kit lol


Detail panel lined on both pieces. I painted the bits on the sword gold.


Menacing looking Gundam in my opinion or as I like to call it "GN-X IV Zwei" 


The sword can store behind the arm like the GN sword on Exia or 00 Gundam. This suit was made to counter the 00, with 3 Gn drives even.


A few nice poses you can egt out of it, I said "FEW" because this kit's posability is limited due to its long legs getting in the way.



Gonna slice you up "You little krugis PUNK!"


This is by far the coolest pose I've puleld off with this kit.


The sword is very plain looking compared to the Throne Zwei's sword.


Master Sachez?


Not a very bad kit if you think about it really.


Without a lot of armour it actually looks good.

Anyway this is the end of this one. I'd like to know what other people think fo this kit. That's right, bring on the negative comments about this Gundam. I'm trying to work on the Zabanya Gundam next. Unless my taste changes to another kit. I really wish I'd complete these 1/144 kits sooner. So, I can get to my MGSs.

No comments:

Post a Comment